Your campus email address is the primary way we will communicate with you, so please check it often.


Campus jobs are in high demand. To provide the greatest number of students with an opportunity to work on campus, all employed students—Federal Work Study (FWS) and regular pay—will be eligible to earn up to $1,150 per term, which averages out to approximately nine hours per week for the full term. Positions on campus are for one term only. Below, find out how to apply for available on-campus positions or what to do if you'd like to work off campus. Still have questions? Contact the Field Work Term and Career Development Office (FWT & CDO) in Barn 112, at, or at 802-440-4321 (x4321 on campus).

Landing a Job

Student Employment (steps/landing a job)

  • Step 1: View Campus Job Postings

  • Step 2: Complete Student Employment Application

  • Step 3: Apply for Job(s)

  • Step 4: Meet with Department Supervisor

  • Step 5: Fill Out Required Federal Forms

  • Step 6: Timesheet Submission and Payment

Student Employment FAQs

FAQs: Student Employment

  • How many jobs may I apply for?

  • Can I have more than one job?

  • What is the hourly rate of pay?

  • How many hours can I work?

  • How do I get paid?

  • Can I work if I'm not Federal Work-Study (FWS) eligible?

  • Can I do Federal Work Study (FWS) during Field Work Term (FWT)?

  • Are my earnings, even Federal Work-Study (FWS), taxable?

  • Can I work off campus?